Welcome to the Public Library
of Youngstown and Mahoning County’s online registration. By accepting
the terms below and completing the application form, you will receive a
temporary library number and PIN that will permit you to search for
items using the Library’s online catalog, place materials on hold, and
have access to a variety of databases.
- The temporary card is good for
30 days and may be updated to a permanent card by stopping at any branch
and signing the user agreement.
- Photo identification and verification of current address is required to
obtain a library card with full borrowing privileges.
- Online registration is for new patrons only who are residents of Ohio
and 15 years of age or older.
- Non-Ohio residents should contact any branch of the Public Library of
Youngstown and Mahoning County for information regarding eligibility for
a library card.
- I understand and agree to
the following statements:
- I am 15 years or older and a resident of Ohio.
- I will not permit anyone other than myself to use this library card.
- I will report a lost or stolen card immediately.
- This card will entitle users age 18 and older to borrow materials from
the entire collection. Users under the age of 18 are restricted from
borrowing videotapes and DVDs from the adult collection and music CDs
with “Parental Advisory” labels, without signed permission from a parent
or legal guardian.
- The right to borrow material from The Public Library of Youngstown and
Mahoning County is limited to my own personal use and I am not
authorized to give, loan or sell library property under my control to
any other person or entity.
- I accept full responsibility for all fines and charges for the late
return, loss of or damage to materials borrowed on this card.
- If I borrow videotapes or
DVDs, it will be for the purpose of viewing them in my home.
- Parents or legal guardians are held responsible for fines, charges, or
damages to materials borrowed on the cards of minor children.
- I understand that a library card entitles me to access to the Internet
on Library computers and I accept full responsibility for all actions
performed while using the library’s Internet connection.
- Library rules and policies are subject to change without notice.