Newport Branch Library
November 16, 2007
The Murphy Contracting Company, located at 285 Andrews Avenue, has been in business for over 70 years. The company was originally founded by George Murphy in 1937. He was a civil engineer who ran the company for over 30 years and worked locally on such projects as the Youngstown Courthouse and General Fireproofing.
The company was then bought by Donald Gubany and later was joined by Leonard Summers and Mike Gentile as owners.
Murphy Contracting has an excellent reputation and performance record and can provide many additional services including engineering and design build. They are currently working on many projects in the area, such as Harley Davidson Bike Town, O'Charley's Restaurant, Mahoning Valley Hospital and Rulli Brothers.
Murphy Contracting holds a firm place in the building industry of the tri-county area by providing all aspects of construction to commercial, industrial and institutional customers.