The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County (PLYMC) is accepting resumes for a full-time Systems Specialist for the Information Technology Department. The Systems Specialist assists the System Administrator and acts as back up in their absence. The Systems Specialist configures, installs, and services computer, network, and peripheral equipment. This position assists with development, operation, maintenance, and evaluation of the library’s use of technology resources with an emphasis on application and operating system software. This position provides direct technical support and training as needed to library staff on hardware and software issues.
This position requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents and operate standard business office equipment. Strong computer, analytical thinking, and interpersonal skills are required. Traveling to other library branches in the Mahoning County Library system is frequently required. Must be available for on-call, extended or non-traditional hours as needed to perform job duties. Ability to reach, bend, climb, squat, lift and push up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
An Associate’s degree in computer science or closely related field is required.
- Demonstrated expertise working with computer hardware and operating systems, particularly Windows based operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot computer issues as they arise
- Strong technology skills and understanding of technology trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with VMware preferred
- Strong understanding of network and security standards and theories
- Familiar with Cisco equipment, switching, and routing
- Basic programming skills – HTML, PHP, PERL
Salary range is $34,900 – $52,300 with an excellent fringe benefit package which includes pension plan with the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS).
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
NO CALLS, PLEASE!