BookTok is a term used on TikTok to describe the online book community. With BookTok, people post short videos describing/recommending books to others in the book community. This allows others a chance to learn about upcoming books, books they may not have read or heard about, new authors that they may want to read, and find other people with similar interests. People also post about their love for books or generally anything to do with books. These can be topics like going on book shopping sprees, how you act when you are reading a book, staying up to the crack of dawn because you can’t put a book down, or even helpful hints for writing your own book.
Most likely, your favorite author may have a TikTok account too! You may be able to see snippets of their upcoming books, any new information about books that could be coming out, and even some book recommendations from that author.
Below is the first of many lists of recommended books often discussed on BookTok. This list encompasses different genres and age groups (both teen and adult). Click on the book title to check its availability in the library, or click the author to see what the library owns by them.
- “From Blood and Ash” (Blood and Ash Series #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- “A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire” (Blood and Ash Series #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- “They Both Die at the End” by Adam Silvera
- “The Song of Achilles” by Madeline Miller
- “Red, White & Royal Blue” by Casey McQuiston
- “A Court of Thorns and Roses” (A Court of Thorn and Roses Series #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- “A Court of Mist and Fury” (A Court of Thorn and Roses Series #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- “The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue” by V.E. Schwab
- “Shadow and Bone” (Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1) by Leigh Bardugo
- “Six of Crows” (Six of Crows Series #1) by Leigh Bardugo