Get Your Hot Dogs Here!
Who likes their hot dog with ketchup on it? Do you like it with mustard? Or do you like your hot dog with SpaghettiOs on it? There are so many ways to eat a hot dog. In fact, July 22 is National Hot Dog Day! This day was started all the way back in 1991 by the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council. Make sure to celebrate this day with making your own tasty hot dog with any toppings of your choosing. Post your delicious combo online and tag #PLYMCAnywhere to show us your favorite ways to spruce up your hot dog!
Check out titles from our catalog and digital resources for “hot dog” stories to read on this day!
- Hello Hot Dog! by Lily Murray
- Hot Dog, Hot Dog by Liza Charlesworth
- Hot Diggity Dog: The History of the Hot Dog by Adrienne Sylver
- The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! by Mo Willems
- Cosmoe’s Wiener Getaway by Max Brallier
- Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan (Young Adult)
- Hot Dog Taste Test by Lisa Hanawalt (Young Adult)
- Famous Nation: A Family Saga of Coney Island, the American Dream, and the Search for the Perfect Hot Dog by Lloyd Handwerker (Adult)
Overdrive/Libby or Hoopla:
- Hot Dog and Bob and the Surprisingly Slobbery Attack of the Dog-Wash Doggies by L. Bob Rovetch (series)
- Stick Dog Wants a Hot Dog (Book 2) by Tom Watson
- Hot Dog! Eleanor Roosevelt Throws A Picnic by Leslie Kimmelman (juvenile nonfiction)
- Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan (Young Adult – audiobook)
- The Hot Dog Harry Story by Michael D. Vernon (Adult)
- Hot Dog by Laurien Berenson (Adult)
- Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan (Adult)
- Hot Dogs and Cocktails: When FDR Met King George VI at Hyde Park on Hudson by Peter Conradi (Adult)