Marnie’s Spanish 101: A Day at the Museum!
Spanish for Kids – Español Para Niños
¡Hola! Welcome to the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County’s Spanish 101 blog series! Here you will find some wonderful resources, book suggestions and activities to help you and your little ones learn Spanish and have fun while doing it.
This week, we’re going to the museum! ¡Vamos al Museo! Be sure to take a virtual tour of the Louvre on the link below and practice saying the words on the vocabulary list out loud. Then head over to our catalog and check out some of the recommended titles!
Click HERE To Take a Virtual Tour of the Louvre for Kids!
Museum – (El) Museo (moo–seh–oh)
Art – Arte (ahr–teh)
Work of art – Obra de arte (oh–brah deh ahr–teh)
Artist – (El) Artista (ahr–tees–tah)
Painting – (El) Cuadro (kwah–droh)
Statue – (La) Estatua (ehs–tah–twah)
Guide – (El/La) Guía (gee–ah)
Exhibit – (La) Exposición (ehks–poh–see–syohn)
Mural – (El) Mural (moo–rahl)
Collection – (La) Colección (koh–lehk–syohn)
- Let’s go to the museum! – ¡Vamos al Museo!
- Where is the museum? – ¿Dónde está el museo?
- What do you see? – ¿Qué ves?
- What colors do you see? – ¿Qué colores ves?
- Describe what you see? – Describe lo que ves.
Be sure to check out our blog on colors to review the words in Spanish:
- Marnie’s Spanish 101: Colors – Los Colores
Check Out These Great Titles Available from Hoopla:
- Art Museum by Cari Meister
- El Museo De Arte by Cari Meister (Spanish Edition)
- Art and Culture: The British Museum by Monika Davies
- Arte y cultura: El British Museum by Monika Davies (Spanish Edition)
- The Dinosaur Museum by Robert Rosen
- El Museo De Los Dinosaurios by by Robert Rosen (Spanish Edition)
- Light and Dark in Art Class / Claro Y Oscuro En La Clase De Arte by Patrick Hely (Bilingual)
These titles and many others are available from your library and will help you and your family to learn Spanish with ease. Well, that’s it for now! Thank you so much for exploring this week’s Spanish 101 blog! I’ll see you next time for more fun Spanish lessons, great books and fun activities.
In case you missed them, click HERE to check out all of our Spanish 101 Blogs Series entries!
Would you like to take your Spanish lessons to the next level, or are interested in exploring other languages? Be sure to check out the free language learning resources the library offers!
- Mango Languages – Mango is our online language-learning tool with dozens of language courses available – French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, English, Polish, Hebrew, etc.
- Little PIM – Introduces children, 0-6, to foreign languages in a way they can understand and enjoy.
- Transparent Language Online – Learn a new language using a self-paced, online language-learning system. The Byki learning method takes users through a series of simple steps to memorize words and phrases in a new language, including their meanings and proper pronunciation, in the shortest possible time.