Marnie’s Spanish 101: Beach Day! – ¡La Playa!
Spanish for Kids – Español Para Niños
¡Hola! Welcome to the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County’s Spanish 101 blog series! Here you will find some wonderful resources, book suggestions and activities to help you and your little ones learn Spanish and have fun while doing it.
This week, we are going to the beach! Practice saying the words on the vocabulary list, and then watch a fun video that shows you how you can incorporate these words on your next trip to the beach! Be sure to check out some of the recommended titles available from the library to expand on what you’ve learned.
Beach – (la) playa (plah-yah)
Ocean – (el) océano (oh-seh-ah-noh)
Sea – (el) mar (mahr)
Waves – (las) olas (oh-lahs)
Shore – (la) orilla (oh-ree-yah)
Swim – nadar (nah-dahr)
Fish – (el) pez (pehs)
Sand – (la) arena (ah-reh-nah)
Seashell – concha marina (kohn-chah mah-ree-nah)
Sandcastle – (el) castillo de arena (kahs-tee-yoh deh ah-reh-nah)
Towel – (la) toalla (toh-ah-yah)
Bathing Suit – (el) traje de baño (trah-heh deh bah-nyoh)
Sun – (el) sol (sohl)
Sunglasses – (las) gafas de sol (gah-fahs deh sohl)
Do you want to go the beach? – ¿Quieres ir a la playa?
I like the beach – Me gusta la playa
What is that? – ¿Qué es eso?
Can you find any seashells? – ¿Puedes encontrar conchas marinas?
Do you want to go swimming? – ¿Quieres ir a nadar?
It’s so hot! – ¡Qué calor hace!
Watch this fun video to learn how easy it is to incorporate and practice these new words in Spanish!
Check Out These Great Titles Available from Hoopla!
- Exploring the Beach by Savina Collins
- Explorando la Playa (Spanish Edition)
- Wally and Molly Go to the Beach by Robert Rosen & Srimalie Bassani
- Wally y Molly Van a La Playa (Spanish Ed.)
- Let’s Go to the Beach by Nancy Streza
- Vámonos A La Playa by Katrina Streza (Spanish Ed.)
- Little Hoo Goes to the Beach by Brenda Ponnay (Bilingual Ed.)
- My First Trip to the Beach by Greg Roza
- Mi Primer Paseo a la Playa (Spanish Ed.)
These titles and many others are available from your library and will help you and your family to learn Spanish with ease. That’s it for now! Thank you so much for exploring this week’s Spanish 101 blog! I’ll see you next time for more fun Spanish lessons, great books and fun activities.
In case you missed them, click HERE to check out all of our Spanish 101 Blogs Series entries!
Would you like to take your Spanish lessons to the next level, or are interested in exploring other languages? Be sure to check out the free language learning resources the library offers!
- Mango Languages – Mango is our online language-learning tool with dozens of language courses available – French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, English, Polish, Hebrew, etc.
- Little PIM – Introduces children, 0-6, to foreign languages in a way they can understand and enjoy.
- Transparent Language Online – Learn a new language using a self-paced, online language-learning system. The Byki learning method takes users through a series of simple steps to memorize words and phrases in a new language, including their meanings and proper pronunciation, in the shortest possible time.