Marnie’s Spanish 101: Friends
Spanish for Kids – Español Para Niños
¡Hola! Welcome to the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County’s Spanish 101 blog series! Here you will find some wonderful resources, book suggestions and activities to help you and your little ones learn Spanish and have fun while doing it.
This week, we’re celebrating amigos! Be sure to watch the video below and practice saying the words on the vocabulary list, then head over to our catalog and check out some of the recommended titles. Don’t forget to try the fun craft at the end with your friends!
Watch a great video on friendship.
Friend – amigo/amiga (ah–mee–goh/ah-mee-gah)
Friendship – (la) amistad (ah–mees–tahd)
Best Friend – mejor amigo(a) (meh–hohr ah–mee–goh)
Let’s Play! – ¡Vamos a jugar! (bah–mohs ah hoo–gahr)
Game(s) – juego(s) (hweh–goh(s)
Share – compartir (kohm–pahr–teer)
Help – ayuda (ah–yoo–dah)
Honest – honesto(a) (oh–nehs–toh)
Talk – hablar (ah–blahr)
Forgive – perdonar (pehr–doh–nahr)
We get along – nos llevamos bien (nohs yeh–bah–mohs byehn)
You’re my friend – eres mi amigo (eh–rehs mee ah–mee–goh)
Check Out These Great Titles Available from Hoopla:
- I Am a Good Friend by Sharon Coan/ Soy Un Buen Amigo by Sharon Coan
- Best Friends by Marcia Leonard / Mejores Amigas by Marcia Leonard
- My Friends/Mis Amigos by Taro Gomi (Bilingual)
- Helping a Friend/ Ayudar A Un Amigo by Lois Fortuna
- Playground Friends by Amelia Edwards / Amigos Del Parque Infantil by Amelia Edwards
- Aprendo De Mis Amigos by Mary Austen
Click HERE to learn how to do this fun craft to celebrate your friends!
Well, that’s it for now! Thank you so much for exploring this week’s Spanish 101 blog! I’ll see you next time for more fun Spanish lessons, great books and fun activities.
In case you missed them, click HERE to check out all of our Spanish 101 Blogs Series entries!
Would you like to take your Spanish lessons to the next level, or are interested in exploring other languages? Be sure to check out the free language learning resources the library offers!
- Mango Languages – Mango is our online language-learning tool with dozens of language courses available – French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, English, Polish, Hebrew, etc.
- Little PIM – Introduces children, 0-6, to foreign languages in a way they can understand and enjoy.
- Transparent Language Online – Learn a new language using a self-paced, online language-learning system. The Byki learning method takes users through a series of simple steps to memorize words and phrases in a new language, including their meanings and proper pronunciation, in the shortest possible time.