Marnie’s Spanish 101: Happy Father’s Day! – ¡Feliz Día del Padre!
¡Hola! Welcome to the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County’s Spanish 101 blog series! Here you will find some wonderful resources, book suggestions and activities to help you and your little ones learn Spanish and have fun while doing it.
This week, we are celebrating Dads everywhere! Practice saying the words on the vocabulary list out loud, and then make a fun card to show dad how much you wish him a Feliz Día del Padre! Be sure to check out some of the recommended titles available from the library in print or digital format to expand on what you’ve learned.
Father’s Day – Día del Padre (dee-ah dehl pah-dreh)
Father – padre (pah-dreh)
Dad – papá (pah-pah)
Gift – regalo (rreh-gah-loh)
Celebrate – celebrar (seh-leh-brahr)
June – junio (hoo-nyoh)
Hug – abrazo (ah-brah-soh)
Kiss – beso (beh-soh)
I love you, Dad – Te quiero mucho, papá (teh kyeh-roh moo-choh pah-pah)
What Words Describe Your Dad?
- Hero – héroe (eh-roh-eh)
- Strong – fuerte (fwehr-teh)
- Brave – valiente (bah-lyehn-teh)
- Funny – gracioso (grah-syoh-soh)
- Hard worker – trabajador (trah-bah-hah-dohr)
Wish Dad a Happy Father’s Day with this cute homemade card! Click HERE for instructions and a video tutorial.
Check Out These Great Titles Available in Print:
- How to Surprise a Dad / Cómo Sorprender a Tu Papá by Jean Reagan
- Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me / Papá, Por Favor, Bájame La Luna by Eric Carle
- Papá and Me by Arthur Dorros
Check Out These Great Titles Available from Hoopla!
- I Learn From My Dad / Aprendo De Papá by Joyce Jeffries
- My Papi Has A Motorcycle / Mi Papi Tiene Una Moto By Isabel Quintero
- Made For Me / Naciste Para Mi by Zack Bush
These titles and many others are available from your library and will help you and your family to learn Spanish with ease. Well, that’s it for now! Thank you so much for exploring this week’s Spanish 101 blog! I’ll see you next time for more fun Spanish lessons, great books and fun activities.