Marnie’s Spanish 101: Happy Mother’s Day!
Marnie’s Spanish 101: Happy Mother’s Day! – ¡Feliz Día de la Madre!
¡Hola! Welcome to the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County’s Spanish 101 blog series! Here you will find some wonderful resources, book suggestions and activities to help you and your little ones learn Spanish and have fun while doing it.
This week, we are celebrating moms and all that they do! Be sure to watch the video below and practice saying the words on the vocabulary list out loud. Then head over to our catalog and check out some of the recommended titles! ¡Feliz Día de la Madre!
Let’s get started! Watch this cute video to learn some Mother’s Day words.
Mom – Mamá (mah–mah)
Mother’s Day – Día de la Madre
Happy Mother’s Day – ¡Feliz Día de la Madre!
You’re the best – Eres la mejor (eh–rehs lah meh–hohr)
In the whole world – En todo el mundo (ehn toh–doh ehl moon–doh)
Sunday – el domingo (ehl doh–meeng–goh)
Breakfast – desayuno (dehs–ah–yoo–noh)
May – mayo (mah–yoh)
I love you – Te amo (teh ah–moh)
What words describe your mom?
- Giving – Generosa (heh–neh–roh–sah)
- Affectionate – Cariñosa (kah–ree–nyoh–sah)
- Awesome – Genial (heh–nyahl)
- Kind – Amable (ah–mah–bleh)
- Hardworking – Trabajadora (trah–bah–hah–dohr)
Wish Mom a Happy Mother’s Day with this cute coloring page! Click HERE to download and print a coloring page of your own.
Check Out These Great Titles Available in Print:
- How to Raise a Mom by Jean Reagan
- Cómo cuidar de tu mamá by Jean Reagan (Spanish Edition)
- Does A Kangaroo Have A Mother, Too? By Eric Carle
- El canguro tiene Mamá? By Eric Carle (Spanish Edition)
- The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
- El Conejito Andarín by Margaret Wise Brown (Spanish Edition)
- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
- Stelaluna by Jane Cannon (Spanish Edition)
- Mama Goose: Bilingual Lullabies by Alma Flor Ada
Check Out These Great Titles Available from Hoopla!
- I Learn from My Mom / Aprendo De Mamá (Bilingual) by Joyce Jeffries
- My Mom is Awesome / Mi Mamá Es Incredible (Bilingual) by Shelley Admont
These titles and many others are available from your library and will help you and your family to learn Spanish with ease. Well, that’s it for now! Thank you so much for exploring this week’s Spanish 101 blog! I’ll see you next time for more fun Spanish lessons, great books and fun activities.
In case you missed them, click HERE to check out all of our Spanish 101 Blogs Series entries!
Would you like to take your Spanish lessons to the next level, or are interested in exploring other languages? Be sure to check out the free language learning resources the library offers!
- Mango Languages – Mango is our online language-learning tool with dozens of language courses available – French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, English, Polish, Hebrew, etc.
- Little PIM – Introduces children, 0-6, to foreign languages in a way they can understand and enjoy.
- Transparent Language Online – Learn a new language using a self-paced, online language-learning system. The Byki learning method takes users through a series of simple steps to memorize words and phrases in a new language, including their meanings and proper pronunciation, in the shortest possible time.