Marnie’s Spanish 101: The Planets – Los Planetas
¡Hola! Welcome to the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County’s Spanish 101 blog series! Here you will find some wonderful resources, book suggestions and activities to help you and your little ones learn Spanish and have fun while doing it.
This week, we’re looking to the skies and learning the Planets in Spanish! Watch a fun video and practice saying the words on the vocabulary list. Then, be sure to check out some of the recommended titles available from the library to expand on what you’ve learned!
Watch the video below to learn how say the Planets in Spanish!
Planet – Planeta (plah-neh-tah)
Mercury – Mercurio (mehr-koo-ryoh)
Venus – Venus (beh-noos)
Earth – Tierra (tyeh-rrah)
Mars – Marte (mahr-teh)
Jupiter – Júpiter (hoo-pee-tehr)
Saturn – Saturno (sah-toor-noh)
Uranus – Urano (oo-rah-noh)
Neptune – Neptuno (nehp-too-noh)
Solar System – (el) Sistema solar (sees-teh-mah soh-lahr)
Check Out These Great Titles Available on Hoopla
- Mercurio (Spanish Ed.)
- Venus by Alexis Roumanis
- Venus (Spanish Ed.)
- Earth by Alexis Roumanis
- La Tierra (Spanish Ed.)
- Mars by Alexis Roumanis
- Marte (Spanish Ed.)
- Jupiter by Alexis Roumanis
- Júpiter (Spanish Ed.)
- Saturn by Alexis Roumanis
- Saturno (Spanish Ed.)
- Uranus by Alexis Roumanis
- Urano (Spanish Ed.)
- Neptune by Alexis Roumanis
- Neptuno (Spanish Ed.)
These titles and many others are available from your library and will help you and your family learn Spanish with ease. That’s it for now! Thank you so much for exploring this week’s Spanish 101 blog! I’ll see you next time for more fun Spanish lessons, great books and fun activities.
In case you missed them, click HERE to check out all of our Spanish 101 Blogs Series entries!
Would you like to take your Spanish lessons to the next level, or are interested in exploring other languages? Be sure to check out the free language learning resources the library offers!
- Mango Languages – Mango is our online language-learning tool with dozens of language courses available – French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, English, Polish, Hebrew, etc.
- Little PIM – Introduces children, 0-6, to foreign languages in a way they can understand and enjoy.
- Transparent Language Online – Learn a new language using a self-paced, online language-learning system. The Byki learning method takes users through a series of simple steps to memorize words and phrases in a new language, including their meanings and proper pronunciation, in the shortest possible time.