COVID-19 Journal Project
The Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County would like to encourage Mahoning Valley residents of all ages and backgrounds to share their thoughts, feelings, and experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic through writing, drawings, photographs, or other methods of expression. Our library has a great Local History collection and we would like to create a journal of written or artistic reflections on this important historical moment.
Start expressing to create a valuable resource for future generations. Below are some prompts to help you begin to tell your story.
- When did you first hear about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)? Did you pay any attention to it? When did it become serious for you?
- How did the state shutdown in March affect you? Your job, school, or family?
- If you lost your job, have you been able to find a new job? What was the unemployment process like?
- Are you doing school or work from home? If so, for how long? What was the transition like for you?
- What is the hardest part about following stay at home orders? What is the easiest? Did you have any special occasions affected by the stay at home order or social distancing?
- How are you staying connected to family and friends?
- Have you learned any new skills? Picked up an old hobby?
- Have you or someone you know had COVID-19? Can you describe how you are coping with that?
- What do you think life will be like a year from now? Do you think we’ll still be in a pandemic?
- How do you feel about the new vaccine?
Acceptable Journal Entry Formats:
- Drawings, paintings, or other artwork
- Written/typed journal entries
- Social Media posts
Entries can be emailed to the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or share with us on Facebook @LibraryMahoningCounty.