Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!
Who doesn’t love bacon? There is a whole day dedicated to this tasty food. International Bacon Day is the Saturday before Labor Day. This year’s Bacon Day is September 5th. The back story is that college students from Colorado University came up with this idea back in 2004. According to awarenesdays.com, Bucknell students call themselves ‘Meatheads,” since they try and consume as much bacon as possible.
This is the day to get cooking creatively with none other than bacon! Make sure to share your recipes with us at #PLYMCAnywhere. Check out our various titles below through our catalog or our Overdrive/Libby or Hoopla apps. Happy cooking!
Books within our catalog:
- Home Charcuterie: How to Make Your Own Bacon, Sausage, Salami and Other Cured Meats by Paul Thomas
- Bacon Freak: 50 Savory Recipes for the Ultimate Enthusiast by Rocco Loosbrock
- Everyone Loves Bacon by Kelly DiPucchio (juvenile fiction)
- Bacon: 45+ Mouthwatering Recipes for Appetizers, Main Dishes, and Desserts
- Bacon 24/seven: Recipes for Curing, Smoking, and Eating by Theresa Gilliam
- Project Smoke: Seven Steps to Smoked Foods Nirvana, Plus 100 Irresistible Recipes From Classic (slam-dunk Brisket) to Adventurous (smoked Bacon-bourbon Apple Crisp) by Steven Raichlen
Books on Overdrive/Libby or Hoopla:
- The Bacon Bible by Peter Sherman
- Bacon & Eggs by Monique Lambert
- Bacon by Fred Thompson
- 25 Bacon Recipes: Circle of Friends Cookbook by Gooseberry Patch
- Death of a Bacon Heiress by Lee Hollis
- The Big Book of Bacon by Jennifer L. S. Pearsall
- The Party Begins with Bacon by Peter Kaminsky and Maria Rama
- Everything Tastes Better with Bacon by Sara Perry
- 101 Things to do with Bacon by Eliza Cross