Cooking with the Library–Crockpot Queso Chicken Tacos
Crockpots have been around for a long time. They are easy to use and require hardly any cooking skills. In most cases, you just add your uncooked items into the pot, cover with the lid, and set the temperature to either LOW, HOT, or WARM. The hardest part of the entire process is having to wait a couple hours for your food to cook. A lot of the time you can either have your dish cooking while you go to work, school, doing projects, or even overnight. So, when you get home, wake up, or finish your task you already have your meal waiting for you to eat. Which makes your life a lot easier and you are spending less time making food, and instead you can be doing something you actually want to do.
Crockpot meals can also be budget friendly and they can produce a lot of food, which you can freeze for later meals. Below is a queso chicken taco recipe that fits all of those traits and costs around $1.67 per serving.
Crockpot Queso Chicken Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 ½ cups Queso dip (cheese dip)
- Place chicken in slow cooker. (You can spray slow cooker with cooking spray before doing this if you like.) Empty taco seasoning and diced tomatoes over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred chicken with 2 forks. (You can either do this in the crockpot or by removing chicken and shredding it in another container. Place shredded chicken back in crockpot if it was removed.)
- Add queso dip to mixture and combine.
- Serve with either tortillas, hard shell tacos, or place over tortilla chips.
- If desired, add any extra toppings you like—sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
After getting her Hogwarts letter, the sorting hat placed Renee in the Main Unit of the Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County as an Adult Librarian. She is a fan of Asian dramas, anime, manga, YA fiction, fantasy fiction, all things animal (especially dogs), and has a slight addiction to coffee.