One of my favorite things about summer is all the fresh fruit that I can get and all the things I can make with it. A couple of years ago, I stumbled across a sugar cookie fruit pizza recipe that was a massive hit with my family. It’s basically a desert pizza made with sugar cookie dough, a cream cheese mixture, and fresh fruit.
After trying it a couple of times I noticed that if you leave it in the fridge for a day or two, the cream cheese mixture starts to make the sugar cookie dough soggy. That’s when I discovered that instead of making it into a large pizza, you can make individual “pizzas” by making them into cookies instead! This also allows you to customize the fruit toppings you want to put on. Which is great if you are having a party or have picky eaters in the family. This is also fun to make with kids.
If you are looking for a new way to use your fresh fruit or want to try a new desert, try out this recipe below.
Fruit Pizza Cookies
- 1 (16.5 oz) pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Assorted Fresh fruit
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Once combined, refrigerate mixture.
- Bake cookies in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool once baked.
- Cut fresh fruit into small pieces.
- Once cookies are cooled down, assemble by spreading cream cheese mixture on cookie and top with whatever fresh fruit you like.
- Make sure the cookies are cooled down. If not, the cream cheese mixture will melt off the cookie.
- You can use “whipped” cream cheese as well, but the mixture will be runnier.
After getting her Hogwarts letter, the sorting hat placed Renee in the Main Unit as an Adult Services Librarian with the Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County. She is a fan of Asian dramas, anime, manga, YA fiction, fantasy fiction, all things animal (especially dogs), and has a slight addiction to coffee.