It has been a very stressful year so far for everyone. I don’t know about you but sometimes an old family favorite comfort food is just the thing I need to ease just a little of the tension. In my family Monkey Bread has been a favorite for years. It always brings back wonderful memories of family get-togethers and holidays. It has become a favorite of my children and grandchildren. Monkey Bread is a perfect Christmas morning treat.
I don’t know about you but I was very curious to know where the name Monkey Bread originated so I did a little research to find out. I have added links to the theories I have found.
OUR FAMILY RECIPE:
- 1 CUP SUGAR
- 2 TSPS CINNAMON
- 2 TSPS VANILLA
- 2 CANS (16.3 OZ EACH) REFRIGERATED BISCUITS
- 1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 1 CUP MELTED BUTTER OR MARGARINE
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES.
- SPRAY BUNDT PAN WITH NON-STICK COOKING SPRAY
- IN A BOWL MIX SUGAR AND CINNAMON
- SEPARATE DOUGH INTO BISCUITS AND CUT EACH BISCUIT INTO QUARTERS
- TOSS DOUGH PIECES IN BOWL TO COAT AND PLACE IN PREPARED PAN
- IN MICROWAVE SAFE BOWL MELT BUTTER, VANILLA, AND BROWN SUGAR
- POUR OVER DOUGH PIECES
- BAKE 30-35 MINUTES OR UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN AND NO LONGER DOUGHY
- ALLOW TO COOL IN PAN FOR 10 MINUTES
- INVERT PAN ONTO SERVING PLATE AND TAP TO RELEASE
There are many variations of this recipe. If you are interested in trying some check out these magazines, books and eBooks that are available through the library.
I am also including a few links to variations of the recipe.
If you are really ambitious….
I hope you have enjoyed this little bit of baking fun. Here is a picture of the finished product. Looks delicious doesn’t it?