Cooking with the Library–Matzo balls
Matzo balls are a simple and tasty way to fancy up your favorite soup! This quick recipe will help complete your Passover Seder, if you’re in a rush.
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup melted schmaltz
- 6 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. dill
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups matzo meal
1.Whisk eggs, then add: schmaltz, chicken broth, dill, pepper, and 1 ½ TBSP kosher salt. Whisk until you have even consistency throughout.
2. Add matzo meal a little at a time while whisking.
3. Let sit in fridge for 1 hour.
4. Roll into 1 ½ inch balls (should make around 12).
5. Use 2 TBSP salt in large pot of water. Bring to a boil. Use slotted spoon to add balls.
6. Reduce to a simmer *not boil* for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from water and store for later use or add to a soup!