Mommy & Me Cooking: Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Hello everyone! Kim here. Today I am going to share a recipe with you guys that my daughter absolutely loves to make (and eat!). It is a super simple take on crinkle cookies, so if you are looking for a fun way to get your kids into the kitchen, this may be a good place to start! We are going to take a box mix and make it into something fun and special. We made this recipe using lemon cake mix, but you can certainly swap it out for any flavor that tickles your fancy. I hope you enjoy it!
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of thawed Cool Whip
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, cool whip and egg. Stir well until mixed.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drop the cookie by the teaspoons into the powdered sugar and roll the dough to coat.
- Place the balls 1 1/2 inches apart on a baking sheet that has been covered with a non-stick mat or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove them from the oven when they are set, but before they get too brown.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet to a cooling rack and allow them to cool. Makes about 20 cookies.
If you are looking for some extra inspiration and recipes to make with your kids, check out this list with some of our favorites here!