National Cat Day
Celebrate Your Feline Friends on “National Cat Day”!
National Cat Day is October 29. It is a day to celebrates the cats we love, and to raise awareness on the importance of cat adoption.
So many of us love our pets tremendously! Why not pamper our Feline Friends with some homemade love? The internet is just bursting with ideas to make your furry friend treats, toys, and beds. Try these websites:
- 15 DIY Cat Toys and Furniture
- Peta Simple DIY Cat Toys
- Meow’s n Paws 11 DIY Cat Treats: Impress Your Kitty With Yummy Goodies
Or would you like to know more about how these wild creatures became domesticated and a favorite companion to many? We have resources for those curious (like a cat!) minds, too:
- Smithsonian Magazine Brief History of the House Cat
- National Geographic Domestic Cat
- Library of Congress : How did cats become domesticated?
Or curl up with your kitty and a good book, all available to request through the library:
- Gracie the Lighthouse Cat by Ruth Brown
- Random Acts of Kittens by Yamile Saied Méndez
- Cat Daddy: What the World’s Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean by Jackson Galaxy
- Tiny But Mighty: Kitten Lady’s Guide to Saving the Most Vulnerable Felines by Hannah Shaw
- The Natural Cat: The Comprehensive Guide to Optimum Care by Anitra Frazier
- How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You by Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal)
- Really Important Stuff My Cat Has Taught Me by Cynthia L. Copeland
Show us your Fabulous Feline Friends! Post a picture of your cat on Facebook, then tag our page @LibraryMahoningCounty with #PLYMCAnywhere.