National Nonprofit Day
Do you have a favorite nonprofit? Does an organization stand out that does good work that you appreciate and admire?
National Nonprofit Day is celebrated on August 17th to celebrate the accomplishments of the many nonprofits working both in the United States and around the world. Here are some suggestions to acknowledge the good works and accomplishments of your favorite nonprofits.
- Donate money to help them accomplish even more.
- Volunteer at this organization. It can be a great way to mark National Nonprofit Day and help throughout the year.
- Share the good news about a great organization. It can do much to increase their visibility. Promoting on social media is a great way for an organization to be noticed.
- Join: Consider being a board member and share your special talents.
Employees and volunteers can also celebrate National Nonprofit day in a number of ways.
- Improve your organization by developing skills for success with assistance from Candid and the Youngstown Public Library.
- Attend free, hour-long orientations at the library on topics such as “Introduction to Finding Grants” and “Introduction to Proposal Writing”.
- Find potential grant funding using Candid’s Foundation Directory Online Professional currently available at Brownlee Woods branch.
- Check out our program schedule on the library Events Calendar or at the Grant Center Program Schedule on the Grant Resources page.
- Candid Learning gives you access to Candid’s live and on-demand trainings and webinars to help you improve your fundraising. Make a free account and enjoy the many resources available to strengthen your nonprofit.