Self-care at Home with Sugar Scrubs
Self-care is not selfish! I have included a list of books available through the library, for DIY and homemade solutions to creating personal products at home to help you relax and take care of yourself.
Are you looking for more ways to de-stress? The Mayo Clinic has provided 7 proven stress-busters.
The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County has some great titles for creating natural, homemade products and ways to take care of you. Here is a list of books I found helpful!
One fun and simply DIY product for self-care is Sugar Scrubs. I love this simple recipe for sugar scrub you can make at home, using items you probably already have. It is a great way to combat dry skin from washing your hands all day long!
Simple Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup of sugar (**You can use light brown sugar or white granulated sugar**)
- 1/2 cup of oil (**Use whatever you have! Coconut oil works great, but you can also use olive oil, almond oil or vegetable oil**)
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (**You can combine scents or skip the scents all together**)
- Small containers for storage
- To make the sugar scrub, simply combine the oil and sugar in a bowl and mix together.
- Add your essential oils and stir all together.
- Once you are done, simply put your creation in a small jar or container with a lid.
- And enjoy!
To check the ingredients in the products you have at home, try one of these websites:
Check out the video to view step-by-step how to make a sugar scrub!