PLYMC Celebrates National Library Card Sign-Up Month
The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County (PLYMC) is joining the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries nationwide to promote the power of a library card during the national Library Card Sign-up Month.
“Our library system continues to adapt and develop innovative ways to meet the needs of our community,” said Aimee Fifarek, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of PLYMC. “A library card is your pass to everything from multimedia content to technology services to programs for all ages. You can even check out a ukulele kit from the Austintown branch.”
In addition to books, full-service cardholders may borrow all circulating materials and have access to computers and digital services at any public Mahoning County library. To sign up, stop into one of PLYMC’s local branches with a photo ID and proof of current address. A library card is free for Ohio residents.
PLYMC offers alternative card options including a Digital Card, which gives patrons access to the Library’s digital services and materials. These services include databases for research, downloadable e-Books, audiobooks, magazines, and streaming music, movies, and TV shows. Interested individuals can sign up for a Digital Card in-person or online on the Library’s website.
Other services and amenities offered by PLYMC include:
· Pop-Up Library – a mobile library that visits local schools and events.
· Special Delivery – mails circulating materials at no cost to patrons who qualify.
· The Career and Job Center – temporarily located at the Brownlee Woods branch and appointments required.
· The Grant Center – temporarily located at the Brownlee Woods branch.
· Family Engagement Area – includes areas for children’s interactive play and learning, story time, and hands-on STEAM learning as well as a teen room and DIY space.
· Virtual and in-person programs for all ages. Check out our events calendar!
To learn more about the Library’s card options and resources, please visit https://www.libraryvisit.org/.