The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County (PLYMC) invites proposals to lease and operate the café space in the lobby of the Canfield Library, 43 W Main Street, Canfield, OH. The space is ideal for selling hot and cold beverages, light food items, and baked goods prepared off-site.
In 2019, Canfield Library had an average of 9,471 visitors per month. The 9×9 square-foot space includes multiple sinks, counters, an ice maker, a small freezer, a small refrigerator, a Bunn coffee maker, and a Bunn iced tea maker.
PLYMC is offering a 1-year lease with option for renewal at a rental rate to be negotiated.
• Business Plan with sample menu, hours of operation, and café name.
• Proprietor resume, indicating experience in the restaurant industry.
• Financial Plan, indicating sufficient funding to cover startup costs.
• Proof of (or of the ability to obtain) liability insurance of $1M minimum.
• Copy of catering/food service license.
Send all correspondence to:
Heather Best, Meeting Room and Vendor Specialist Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County
305 Wick Avenue
Youngstown OH 44503
The Selection Committee will review all proposals and offer the lease opportunity based on determination of quality, viability, and sustainability. Proposers may be asked to interview with the committee and/or prepare sample menu items as part of the selection process. Questions about the requirements or selection process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org