PUBLIC NOTICE FOR REQUEST FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS FOR
THE PUBLIC LIBRARY OF YOUNGSTOWN AND MAHONING COUNTY
MAIN LIBRARY ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES TO BE CONTRACTED
The services of a qualified architectural firm are desired to assist the Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County (PLYMC) with planning, design, construction and related services for a proposed renovation and expansion to the Main Library located at 305 Wick Ave., Youngstown Ohio 44503.
“Qualified” means the Firm meets all of the following criteria:
- Competence of the Firm to perform the required professional design services as indicated by the technical training, education, and experience of the Firm’s personnel who would be assigned to perform the services.
- Ability of the Firm in terms of its workload and the availability of qualified personnel, equipment, and facilities to perform the required professional design services competently and expeditiously.
- Past performance of the Firm as reflected by the evaluations of previous clients with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work, and meeting of deadlines.
- Experience of the Firm in public library design.
- Experience of the firm in renovating historic public spaces, including but not limited to Carnegie-funded libraries.
- Licensure of the Firm in Ohio.
A copy of this RFQ and all addenda, supplemental material, and written questions and answers may be found at https://www.libraryvisit.org/legal-ads.
The deadline for submissions is noon, March 22, 2019.
To submit a proposal, deliver 1 electronic copy (flash drive preferred) and 5 printed copies of your proposal in a sealed package to:
The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County
305 Wick Avenue
Youngstown, OH 44503
ATTN: Mark Mrofchak
Pre-Proposal Conference and Walk-Through February 25
8 AM Tour/9 AM Conference
A pre-proposal conference will be held February 25, 2019, at 9:00 a.m., in the Main Library meeting room. Attendance at this event is encouraged but not required. A tour of non-public spaces in the building will be offered just prior to the meeting at 8:00 a.m. Potential bidders planning to attend the pre-proposal conference and tour should RSVP to email@example.com. Please include the expected number of people at the conference. The number of individuals who will be able to go on the non-public spaces tour will be limited based on attendance.
PLEASE NOTE: Main Library does not open until 9 a.m. Attendees coming to the 8 a.m. tour should come to the library’s Main Entrance off the parking lot. A guard will be available to let you in.