Main Library Renovation
Main Library Renovation Project
The Main Library, an Andrew Carnegie library, opened in 1910. The building has undergone two major renovations in its 120 years. A renovation in 1954 changed the face of the building by removing the front stairs and period lamp posts from the face of the building on Wick Avenue. The second renovation, which included a large addition to the building and relocated the entrance to the side, off the parking lot, was dedicated in 1996.
Bostwick Design Partnership of Cleveland was chosen as architect for the Main Library renovation project, along with local project partners RBF CoLab and Paul Hagman, collaborating architect restoration design, and CT Consultants, civil engineer. The team of team of the AMHigley Company of Cleveland and Dawn Incorporated of Warren will serve as Construction Manager at Risk.