Program Presenter Form
Programming is a process through which the Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County meets the informational, cultural, educational, and recreational needs of customers by providing a wide array of activities designed to meet those needs.
The Library focuses on programming that is literacy or literature based or that supports or highlights the Library’s services or collections. Priority is given to programming that inspires learning, enriches lives, and connects people.
If you are interested in presenting a program, please fill out and submit the program proposal below. A library representative will contact you if the program meets our guidelines and fits into our schedule.
Planning and publicity for library programs is done 2–4 months prior to each program cycle.
Please note: We receive many suggestions for programs and are not able to respond to each submission. If we choose to proceed with your program, we will be in touch.
If you would like to rent a space to host your own program please visit our Meeting Room page.
|Program cycle||Proposal deadline|
|January – March||September 1|
|April – June||November 1|
|July – August||January 1|
|September – December||April 1|
Apply to be a Presenter at the Library:
- Programs must fulfill the interests and/or current needs of the community. The Library reserves the right to decide which programs meet this criteria.
- All programs must focus on a general topic. Including information about services/goods offered by the presenter’s business in the presentation is strictly prohibited.
- All handouts must be approved by the Director of Programming.
- Presenters may identify their business affiliation as part of an introduction, but may not directly solicit business before, during, or after a program.
- No legal, financial or medical advice can be given at these programs.
- Library facilities can in no way be used for commercial purposes.
Violation of these guidelines will result in the loss of programming privileges for the individual and/or the organization/business.
Presenter Selection Criteria:
- When considering presenters, Library staff uses numerous criteria, including:
- Relevance to community needs and interests
- Presenter background, reputation, qualifications, and speaking references
- Availability of space
- Connection to Library collections, resources, and services
Thank you for considering the Library. We receive many suggestions for programs and are not able to respond to each submission. If we choose to proceed with your program, we will be in touch.