Free Tax Preparation for Qualifying Individuals for the 2022 Tax Filing Season
The Library will again provide locations for free tax preparation and electronic filing for seniors and those (at any age) with low to moderate income. The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TC) programs through AARP Tax-Aide offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify. All sites are staffed by volunteers who have been trained and certified by the IRS.
Contact 330-540-1947 or 330-314-4379
VITA Phone Lines Open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment
FOR AARP TAX-AIDE APPOINTMENTS:
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide provides tax preparation help to anyone, free of charge, with a special focus on taxpayers who are over 50 and have low to moderate income. AARP brochure>>
VITA SITES:Vita Tax Locations – PDF
Library locations: appointments required – no walk-ins
195 W. Ohio Ave., Sebring, Ohio 44672
Saturdays: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. | Feb. 12 – April 9
13820 Mahoning Ave., North Jackson, Ohio 44451
Mondays: 12-3 p.m. | Feb. 14 – April 4
Wednesdays: 12-3 p.m. | Feb. 16 – April 6
AARP TAX-AIDE SITE (TCE)
Beginning January 20, call 330-406-9986 to request an appointment. You will need to leave a message and your call will be returned.
Library location: appointments required – no walk-ins
311 S. Main St., Poland, Ohio 44514
Mondays: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | Feb. 7 – April 4
Other Locations: Appointments required; no walk-ins
DON’T WANT TO WAIT?
Free File is Open. Prepare and file your federal income tax return for free using tax preparation and filing software.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- COVID-19 Precautions are in place at all sites; social distancing and masks are required
- Valid driver’s license or proof of identification
- Social Security cards and birth dates for you, spouse and/or dependents
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Wage and earning statements (W2, 1099 Misc, 1099 R)
- Interest and dividend statements
- Total amount you paid for day care and the day care provider’s tax ID number
- Marketplace Health Insurance Form 1095-A if applicable
- Your spouse, if married and filing jointly, to sign the required forms
- Bank routing/account numbers for direct deposit
- Individual taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) letter
- Any IRS correspondence received in last 2 year