The primary use of The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County’s (PLYMC) facilities and grounds is to serve as a public library. When designated and accessible areas are not in use for Library functions, they can be reserved as meeting rooms by the general public. Individuals or groups, regardless of belief or affiliation, may reserve Meeting Rooms in advance. The fact that a group is permitted to meet in a Library Meeting Room does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group’s beliefs, policies, or programs. For any meeting room questions, please contact the Library.
1. Meeting Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations may be requested online or in person. Meeting room reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance. Meeting room reservations end 30 minutes prior to the Library’s closing time.
2. Meeting Rooms are free to use during library operation hours, but cleaning or other fees may apply. Room use outside of operational hours will be charged an hourly fee. Cleaning and security fees may also apply.
3. All people using a meeting room and their guests must follow the Library Code of Conduct. The individual agreeing to the meeting room terms and conditions must be over 18 and is responsible for the orderly conduct of the group. In the event of any damage to library property and/or equipment, that individual will be liable. Minors are not permitted to use meeting rooms without adult supervision.
4. All meeting room activity must be contained within the meeting room. Organizations, businesses, and/or individuals must not engage with patrons who did not come to the Library specifically for their meeting.
5. Rooms may not be used to solicit donations or hold fundraisers. Admission cannot be charged for entry into the meeting room.
6. All groups are responsible for setup and cleanup. Reservation times must include meeting room setup. Groups will not be permitted to enter the room prior to their reservation. Trash is to be taken to the dumpster and all surfaces are to be left in a clean state. The room must be left in the condition in which it was found unless other instructions are given. The Library reserves the right to charge for any damage or extra cleaning costs arising from the use of the space. PLYMC is not responsible for any materials or equipment left in the room.
7. Meeting Rooms may be booked for a maximum of 2 times per month per group/individual/organization. Cancellation by meeting room users with less than 48 hours’ notice forfeits any fees associated with the booking and may jeopardize future reservations
8. If a group has not arrived or called to report a delay within 30 minutes after the scheduled time, staff may allow others to use the room.
9. Covered drinks and certain types of food are allowed in most rooms. Please see room details for more information on food in the meeting rooms.
10. The Library reserves the right to cancel any reservation for operational reasons. The Library reserves the right to deny or cancel future reservations.
11. Permission to use meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement by The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County or its Board of Trustees. No advertisement or announcement implying such endorsement will be permitted. The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to revoke meeting and study room privileges at any time.
12. Any advertisement or public announcements regarding reservable spaces may not include the Library’s logos or suggest co-sponsorship and must contain the following disclaimer: "Granting of permission by The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County to use library facilities does not constitute an endorsement by Library staff or Board of Trustees."
13. In order to further civic involvement, elected officials may use Library Meeting Rooms as locations for official constituent meetings. Political rallies or other partisan political gatherings or programs by individuals or groups are prohibited.
14. Library staff reserves the right to attend any meeting.
15. The Library is not responsible for accidents and injuries resulting from meeting room activities.
|Location||Large Meeting Room||Small Meeting Room|
Payment may be made by cash or check in person at any PLYMC location or by mailing a check with “Meeting Room,” the location of your event, and the date of your event on the memo line to:
The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County
Attn: Fiscal Office
305 Wick Ave
Youngstown, OH 44503
Payment must be presented in person or postmarked within 3 business days from the date of scheduling to hold the room. Reservations made less than 48 hours in advance are an exception; this type of reservation must be made in person at a library location and be paid in full at the time the reservation is made. In all cases, payment must be received before the date and time of the reservation.
8049 Market St Suite 1
Boardman, OH 44512
A La Cart Catering
429 Lisbon St.
Canfield, OH 44406
Mocha House Downtown
120 E Boardman St
Youngstown, OH 44503
Elm Tree Catering
170 Walton St
Struthers, OH 44471
The Magic Tree
7463 South Ave.
Boardman, OH 44512
Jeffrey Chrystal Catering
2315 Belmont Ave.
Youngstown, OH 44505