If you need assistance in any area of your life, the Library’s Social Work Specialist is here to lend a hand
Are you experiencing problems and you aren’t sure where to turn? The Library has a Social Work Specialist to help.
Here’s an example: We see in the news incidents of violence in our communities. As people, we can’t help but be affected by events like shootings, robberies and more, especially if these happen in our neighborhood or to someone we love. The Library wants you to know that we offer assistance through our Social Work Specialist Jim Young. Jim is available to work with patrons on grief and trauma to assess their needs and, when situations require, connect them to an appropriate agency for more. Don’t suffer alone. Let the Library help.
If you are struggling, the Library’s Social Work Specialist can provide assistance with the following:
• Help signing up for the COVID-19 vaccines. (More COVID information here>>)
• Assistance for the homeless
• Help with transportation or where to get a hot meal.
• Referrals for those dealing with addiction or mental health issues.
• Referrals to social programs.
• Family dynamic issues/parenting problems.
• Help with school-based issues with juveniles.
• Connecting veterans with proper resources.
• Instruction in navigating the Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security/Disability System.
• Adult Protective/Child Services assistance.
• Locate housing options or emergency shelters.
• Locate home repair or utility assistance.
• Conflict resolution.
• Assistance with Ohio Living Will/Medical POA/DNR application.
• And so much more.
You are not alone.
Jim Young, MSW-LISW
Community Support Specialist
|Phone: 330-744-8636 ext. 51657|