Want to make an impact in your community? One of the best ways to do that is by supporting local nonprofit organizations. To get you started, we have a few suggestions to acknowledge the good works and accomplishments of your favorite nonprofits.
Ways to Support Nonprofits
- Donate money to help them accomplish even more.
- Volunteer at the organization. It can be a great way to mark National Nonprofit Day (August 17) and assist throughout the year.
- Share the good news about a local organization. It can do much to increase their visibility.
- Promote on social media to help spread the word.
- Consider being a board member and share your special talents.
Plus, the Library offers several resources to help nonprofit employees and volunteers to succeed. Here are a few ideas:
- Improve your organization by developing skills for success with assistance from Candid and The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County (PLYMC).
- Attend free, hour-long orientations at the Library on topics such as “Introduction to Finding Grants” and “Introduction to Proposal Writing.”
- Find potential grant funding using Candid’s Foundation Directory Online Professional currently available at PLYMC.
- Check out our program schedule on the Library’s events calendar.
- Candid Learning gives you access to Candid’s live and on-demand trainings and webinars to help you improve your fundraising. Make a free account and enjoy the many resources available to strengthen your nonprofit.
- Schedule time with a librarian [INSERT LINK FOR FORM] to ask questions and get assistance.