Dial-a-Story for May
If you love story times and audiobooks or you want to participate in library programs but don’t have access to a computer, you can simply call our special phone number to hear recordings read by librarians and special guests. We read picture books, chapter books, poetry, short stories, original writings, STEAM/Science info, writing or art prompts, and even tips for self-improvement. We offer a variety of recordings for every age group, for children, teens, and adults. It’s fun for people of all ages!
Call our Dial A Story service at 234-287-2020. (FYI- 234 is a local area code for Mahoning County.) Anytime, day or night, 24/7!
We update our recordings each month, and typically feature special themes. So keep checking back for new favorites, next chapters, and lots of other goodies!
Our current readings for the month are listed below, with their respective menu number.
1. In Our Garden, by Pat Zielow Miller - read by Amy
2. Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms, by Julia Rawlinson - read by Beth
3. How Do We Know It Is Spring? by Molly Aloian - read by Beth
4. Consumers and Producers, by Ellen Mitten - read by Tracy
5. Exploring the Planets in Our Solar System, by Rebecca Olien - read by Tracy
6. I'll Be the One, by Lyla Lee - read by Annette
7. The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent A Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun, by Gretchen Rubin (Chapter 5: May) - read by Kelly K.
8. The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald (excerpt) - read by Kelly M.
9. Peace Is Every Breath, by Thick Nhat Hanh (excerpt) - read by Hayley
If there is anything specific you would love to hear on our Dial-a-Story, email your suggestions to ProgrammingDepartment@libraryvisit.org.