Dial-a-Story for June
If you love story times and audiobooks or you want to participate in library programs but don’t have access to a computer, you can simply call our special phone number to hear recordings read by librarians and special guests. We read picture books, chapter books, poetry, short stories, original writings, STEAM/Science info, writing or art prompts, and even tips for self-improvement. We offer a variety of recordings for every age group, for children, teens, and adults. It’s fun for people of all ages!
Call our Dial A Story service at 234-287-2020. (FYI- 234 is a local area code for Mahoning County.) Anytime, day or night, 24/7!
We update our recordings each month, and typically feature special themes. So keep checking back for new favorites, next chapters, and lots of other goodies!
Our current readings for the month are listed below, with their respective menu number.
1. Summer Color!, opens a new window by Diana Murray - read by Beth
2. Froggy Goes to Camp, opens a new window, by Jonathan London - read by Beth
3. Save Energy Every Day, opens a new window, by Tammy Gagne - read by Tracy
4. Three Cheers for Trees, opens a new window, by Angie LePetit - read by Tracy
5. Like Bug Juice on a Burger, opens a new window (part 1), by Julie Sternberg - read by Beth
6. The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent A Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun, by Gretchen Rubin (Chapter 6: June) - read by Kelly K.
7. Brighter by the Day, opens a new window, by Robin Roberts (excerpt) - read by Kelly M.
If there is anything specific you would love to hear on our Dial-a-Story, email your suggestions to ProgrammingDepartment@libraryvisit.org.